Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fear?

clip_image002

There was a break-in recently at the house three doors down from me. The intruder fled when he realized the elderly woman was actually at home. This situation has created quite a “stir” in my quiet neighborhood! It seems that each person’s perspective of this break-in relates to their view of fear.

What are your fears? Do your fears pertain more to what MAY happen or what IS happening? I am grateful for God’s word which reminds me where my thoughts need to be when I am fearful – on Him.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear . . . Psalm 46:1-2a

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

Why don’t you take a few minutes and identify your fears? Then ask God to give you assurance of His presence in each situation. Join me in trying to keep your eyes on the Lord and not on your fears. Let’s adopt the extreme sports motto “NO FEAR”!

~Mary Wallace Wilson
Cru Staff serving on the MidSouth Regional Team

No comments:

Post a Comment